- DIA DE LOS MUERTOS - Mid October through November 2nd - Children's workshops: mid October November 2. Novenario: Pre-Columbian procession and blessing. October 25th through November 2nd. Complimentary Champurrado and pan de muertos Community Altars: beautifully decorated altars. Fiesta de Muertos: Live Entertainment.
- VIRGEN DE GUADALUPE CELEBRATION - Celebrating the Virgen de Guadalupe's appearance to native Mexican St. Juan Diego in 1531. Overnight vigil December 11/12. Community, school , and professional groups performing in her honor.
- LAS POSADAS - Christmas Eve
Nine night procession depicting the journey of Mary and Joseph to Bethlehem is portrayed with Christmas carols in English and Spanish. Children's piñata breaking and live entertainment each evening. Complimentary champurrado and pan dulce.
- LOS TRES REYES - A celebration of the Epiphany of the Magi (visit of the Three Kings) with music and a procession on Olvera Street followed by a colorful theatrical production in the Plaza.
- FIESTA DE LA CANDELARIA - Traditional blessing of elaborately dressed icons in the culmination of the Christmas season. Music and prizes.
- MARDI GRAS CHILDREN'S WORKSHOPS - "Fat Tuesday" before Ash Wednesday. Olvera Street style Children's Carnival with singing and dancing, a festive parade, crowning of "Little King and Queen," mask making workshops and piñata breaking .
- BLESSING OF THE ANIMALS - April - Saturday before Easter Sunday. This centuries-old tradition of blessing the animals for the benefits they provide mankind, has been celebrated in the Plaza since 1930. All pets welcome. Live Entertainment..
- OLVERA STREET ANNVERSARY CELEBRATION and Nuestra Tierra Conference - April - Celebrating the reopening of Olvera Street as a Mexican Marketplace in 1930. It is the oldest street in Los Angeles and home of the Avila Adobe, the oldest adobe in Los Angeles. Partner with us as we link histories of indigenous cultures with sustainable environmental philosophies and social responsibilities.